All documents, knowledge and information which Languages in Motion Ltd. acquires from an individual person or company (Client) whether that be to request a quote or if it is regarding the business and products of a person or business preparing to purchase services from Languages in Motion shall be maintained in strict confidentiality by Languages in Motion Ltd. and, except as expressly authorized by Client in writing, shall not be divulged, shared publicly or published by Languages in Motion Ltd. Confidential information for purposes of this paragraph shall not include the following:
- Information that is or becomes available to the general public provided the disclosure of such information did not result from a breach by Languages in Motion Ltd. of this paragraph.
- Terminological glossary entries compiled by Languages in Motion Ltd. in the course of translator’s performance of the translation service(s) under this Agreement; provided, however, that Client and Translator may agree in writing that, upon payment by Client to Languages in Motion of an agreed-upon fee, such terminological glossary entries shall be the property of Client and shall be covered by the confidentiality provisions of this paragraph.
The translation provided by Languages in Motion is property of Client, copyright. Upon Client’s completion of all payments provided herein, the translation of the item(s) described in paragraph 1 above shall be the property of Client. Languages in Motion Ltd. has no obligation to take any steps to protect any copyright, trademark or other right of Client with respect to the translation, except as may be expressly otherwise provided in this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Languages in Motion Ltd. shall have the right to retain file/electronic copies of the item(s) to be translated and of the completed translation(s) or files for training, tracking and liability purposes.
Storage of Documents & Client Files
Documents and information received by Languages in Motion Ltd. is stored in 5 possible areas:
- On our Company Desktop Computers (up to 5 years) for local processing and adhere to our Password Protection Procedures
- On the computer of the Certified Translator. All Certified Translators are affiliated with CTTIC in Ottawa or OTTIAQ in Quebec. Each organization is bound by a code of ethics. See Section 4.0 in the website https://www.atia.ab.ca/about/code-of-ethics to view the confidentiality of translators.
- On Languages in Motion’s Secure Google Drive
Password Protection Procedures
Our password protection procedures apply to every server, computer, portable device or other media that Languages in Motion uses to access this information. The above mentioned servers, computers, portable devices or other media will have a password of at least 8 characters that consists of at least one letter, one number, and one uppercase letter.
Updated February, 2019
Toll Free: 1-888-556-5541
Head Office: #300, 404 6th Ave SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T2P 0R9