Terms & Conditions for Document Translation
1. Description of services. Languages in Motion Ltd., will provide the following service(s)
*Languages in Motion Ltd. shall make every effort to complete service(s) by the above date but shall not be responsible for delays in completion caused by events beyond the company’s control.
2. Client’s review of translation. Upon receipt of the translation from Languages in Motion Ltd., Client shall promptly review it, and within 30 days after receipt shall notify Languages in Motion Ltd. of any requested corrections or changes. Languages in Motion Ltd. shall correct, at no cost to Client, any errors made by translators and editors.
3. Confidentiality. All knowledge and information expressly identified by Client in writing as confidential which Languages in Motion Ltd. acquires during the term of this Agreement regarding the business and products of Client shall be maintained in confidentiality by Languages in Motion Ltd. and, except as expressly authorized by Client in writing, shall not be divulged or published by Languages in Motion Ltd. and shall not be authorized by Languages in Motion Ltd. and of all translators to be divulged or published by others. Confidential information for purposes of this paragraph shall not include the following:
– Information that is or becomes available to the general public provided the disclosure of such information did not result from a breach by Languages in Motion Ltd. of this paragraph.
– Terminological glossary entries compiled by Languages in Motion Ltd. in the course of translator’s performance of the translation service(s) under this Agreement; provided, however, that Client and Translator may agree in writing that, upon payment by Client to Languages in Motion of an agreed-upon fee, such terminological glossary entries shall be the property of Client and shall be covered by the confidentiality provisions of this paragraph.
4. Translation is property of client, copyright. Upon Client’s completion of all payments provided herein, the translation of the item(s) described in paragraph 1 above shall be the property of Client. Languages in Motion Ltd. has no obligation to take any steps to protect any copyright, trademark or other right of Client with respect to the translation, except as may be expressly otherwise provided in this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Languages in Motion Ltd. shall have the right to retain file/electronic copies of the item(s) to be translated and of the translation, subject to the provisions of paragraph 8 above.
5. Changes by others. Translator shall have no responsibility whatever as to any changes in the translation made by persons other than Languages in Motion Ltd.
6. Governing law. The laws of the Province of Alberta shall govern this Agreement.
7. Fees and Payment Procedures. The due dates for payment of fees and costs under this Agreement shall be the date(s) specified in each invoice, provided that if no date is specified, the due date shall be the date of billing for the fees or costs. Any payments for fees or costs not received by Languages in Motion Ltd. within 90 days of the due date will be deemed late and shall be subject to a 5% per month late charge. Client agrees to be responsible for Languages in Motion Ltd.’s costs in collecting late payments due from Client, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
8. Cancellation or withdrawal by Client. The following Cancellation Policies apply for each area of business respectively:
Cancellation Policy for Translations:
Please note that for any cancellation of a translation(s) after payment of the invoice, all costs incurred by Languages in Motion up to the point of cancellation must be paid be the client. If cancellation is received after 12 hours of payment of the invoice an administration fee of $15.00 + GST will also apply in addition to any costs incurred by Languages in Motion as mentioned above. If a translation is canceled in the middle or near the end of the project, we will calculate the total amount translated and divide by the total word-count and charge based on percentage completed. All work not completed will not be payable.
9. Additional fees. Additional fees will be payable, to be calculated as provided below, in the event the following additional services are required: (a) investigation, consultation, inquiry, or research beyond that normal to a routine translation is required because of ambiguities in the item(s) to be translated; (b) additional services are required because Client makes changes in the item(s) to be translated after the signing of this Agreement; and (c) Languages in Motion Ltd. is requested to make changes in the translation after delivery of the translation, because of Client’s preferences such as to style or vocabulary, and such changes are not required for accuracy. (d)Minimum Fee. The Client agrees to pay a minimum fee to be negotiated upon the commencement of each project, per language, for any translation project or additional change or request and will be charged according to paragraph 2 thereafter.
11. Additional costs. Client shall reimburse Languages in Motion Ltd. for necessary out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Languages in Motion Ltd. that are not a normal part of routine translation procedure, such as the use of third-party companies, overnight document delivery service requested by Client, and other services to be agreed upon.